We are on our last term before summer! Yahoo! This year, we will have a summer term because of wanting to take time off when the baby arrives but summer terms are lighter & involve lots of pool time. If you've missed my other circle time posts, you can find term 1 here, term 2 here, term 3&4 here.
Did you notice I missed term 5? That's because we just kept doing the same thing as term 4. I hadn't planned it that way but life happens- I chose to keep going & let plans drop vs feeling behind. You'll even see some same material as last term listed below. I definitely would like to see us improve with more consistent composer & artist study! But even when I see areas we need to grow in, I'm resting & rejoicing in what we are doing!
NEW Material for Spring Term, part 2 (2016-2017):
- Hymn: A Mighty Fortress is Our God
- Bible Memory: Genesis 1:1-2:4 (this is not new for the older three children)
- Bible: Nicene Creed
- Catechism: the children will continue working through wherever they are (Children's Catechism, Shorter Catechism or Heildelberg Catechism)
- Latin: Action Song and Edo Song (these are fun songs from Song School Latin)
- Shakespeare: we will memorize portions of Julius Caesar & listen to it, following along in books I bought (this is our guide; this is the audiobook; I bought Folger's copies because it opens to text with the opposite page of definitions).
- Poems: Patricia, Benjamin & Matthias: The Pessimist & the Optimist; Jonathan & Elizabeth: The Swing; Abigail: Work; Emily: Work and Days of the Week; Katherine: Ooey Gooey (I collect poems when I find them but we've mainly used this for years- its AWESOME!)
- Folk Songs & Other Tunes: Billy Boy
- History: National Anthem & Pledge of Allegiance (this is not new for the older three children)
- Grammar: trying something completely new this year: a grammar catechism! (I bought the workbook but the meat will be the catechism)
- Read Alouds: 101 Hymn Stories; Trial and Triumph: Stories from Church History; Robert Schumann and Mascot Ziff)